Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why Do We Do Genealogy?

In speaking with groups about getting started in genealogy, I often spend a few minutes talking about why do it the first place. I have my own ideas about this that I share with folks, but recently I ran across an article that gave me some brand new perspectives on the subject.

Diane Boumenot in her Blog, One Rhode Island Family recently wrote an article titled “10 Things I’ve Learned About Genealogy.” it is a wonderful read that tucks away in those 10 things some unique perspectives on why to get involved with genealogy. One that I especially like is where she says it combines several interests into one hobby (history, reading, writing, libraries, databases, Familys, antiques, cryptography, and bookmaking).

Checked out what Diane has to say at 10 Things I’ve Learned About Genealogy « One Rhode Island Family, and see if you can add to her list.

No comments: