We at PGS are pleased to present Ann Staley as our 2016 seminar speaker. She is a highly qualified and very popular national speaker. This short bio will tell you more.
She is an instructor, consultant, trip leader and a lecturer at local, state and national conferences. Raised in Mobile, AL, Ann has been researching her family since 1980 from Alabama, Mississippi, and Virginia to France, England, and Germany.
She is the Education Chairman and Webmaster for the Jacksonville Genealogical Society, Inc.; the Secretary of the Genealogical Speakers Guild; a trustee of the Florida State Genealogical Society; on the faculty of The National Institute for Genealogical Studies; and has been an associate of the Board for Certification of Genealogists since 2000.
· Advanced Genealogy Research at Wallace State College, Hanceville, AL
· Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis; U. S. Military Records; Understanding Land Records; and many other topics at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), Samford University, Homewood, AL (attending since 1998). Ann has also been on the faculty a number of years.
· National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR) at the National Archives, Washington, DC
· Problem Solving at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, Salt Lake City, UT
· Numerous seminars and conferences sponsored by local and national societies
National Genealogical Society
Association of Professional Genealogists
Genealogical Speakers Guild
Florida State Genealogical Society
Jacksonville [FL] Genealogical Society, Inc. (life member)
We are excited about Ann’s participation with us on 13 February 2016 for the annual seminar. In another post we will publicize the four presentations she will be making. Mark your calendars now.
You can see the complete schedule of events and get a registration form for the seminar at our monthly meetings, anytime in the Largo Library Genealogy Center, or online at http://www.flpgs.org/NMbrs/seminar/2016/Sem16.aspx.